Today, check out Cato work related to the defense of electronic speech:
- "Regulation of Electronic Speech and Commerce," Chapter 30, Cato Handbook for Policymakers, 7th Edition (2009).
- “The Internet Is Not Government's to Regulate” by Jim Harper--This article appeared in Orange County Register on January 19, 2012.
- The Cato Institute, TechFreedom, and the Competitive Enterprise Institute’s Capitol Hill Briefing: Unintended Consequences of the Rogue Website Crackdown: SOPA, PIPA and OPEN Legislation
- Included a panel of leading technology policy experts who will discuss the implications of proposed "rogue website" legislation for entrepreneurship, free speech, Internet governance, and holders of copyrights and trademarks.
- Julian Sanchez comments on how SOPA, Protect IP acts which could seriously censor or damage the internet and free speech.
- "We’re Not Censoring YOU—Just Your Computer!," Posted by Julian Sanchez, June 20, 2012