Sponsorship is one way you can defend, in a concrete way, America’s heritage of individual liberty, free markets, and constitutionally limited government. Cato depends solely on tax‐deductible contributions from Sponsors who share our commitment to a free and prosperous society. When you support the Cato Institute, you are not just a contributor, you are a colleague. You’ll have access to the latest Cato publications, reports, newsletters, and invitations to Cato events. You aren’t merely supporting our mission, you become a part of Cato.
Impacting Public Policy
The Cato Institute provides a consistent voice for individual liberty and limited government in the Washington policy arena. Thanks to Cato’s work, journalists and policymakers understand that the ideals that animated the American Revolution are alive today, and that substantial numbers of Americans believe in those principles. Since 1977, Cato scholars have been influential in a range of policy debates, including Social Security reform, medical savings accounts, term limits, welfare reform, fundamental tax reform, free trade, constitutional rights in the courts, school choice, civil liberties, and foreign policy issues.
Same benefits as Basic Sponsor.
This special level is available to first‐time Sponsors only.
- Cato’s Letter — quarterly essay
- Cato Policy Report — bimonthly.
- Cato Currently — monthly e‑newsletter with the latest news, studies, and publications
- Cato Quarterly — insider updates for Cato Sponsors, including a personal memo from President Peter Goettler
- Invitations to exclusive online briefings with Cato scholars
Same benefits as Sustaining Sponsor.
- Selected Cato books
- Invitations to major Cato events
Same benefits as Patron Sponsor.
- All Cato books
- CatoAudio — monthly CD of Cato events
- Invitation to exclusive annual Cato Benefactor Summit
Same benefits as Benefactor Sponsor.
- Invitation to an exclusive weekend retreat every fall with senior Institute policy staff
- Mailings and emails from Institute President and senior staff
You can support the Cato Institute by shopping online through Amazon’s new AmazonSmile program. Every time you direct your Amazon purchases through AmazonSmile, 0.5% of the price of your eligible items will be donated to Cato on your behalf, with no extra cost to you. All you have to do is visit smile.amazon.com, log in using your usual Amazon account details, and select Cato as your charity. Thank you for supporting the Cato Institute through AmazonSmile!