Women play an increasingly important role as insurgents and rebels in civil conflicts all over the world. But most often their story goes untold and their impact has been poorly understood. Jessica Trisko Darden, co‐author of Insurgent Women, joins Emma Ashford and Trevor Thrall to discuss her new book to discuss.
- Jessica Trisko Darden bio
- Jessica Trisko Darden, Alexis Henshaw, and Ora Szekely, Insurgent Women: Female Combatants in Civil Wars (Georgetown University Press 2019).
- Jessica Trisko Darden, “https://theconversation.com/how-women-wage-war-a-short-history-of-is-brides-nazi-guards-and-farc-insurgents-113011 The Conversation, March 8, 2019.
- Jessica Trisko Darden, “Return from ISIS: American Women Want Out of Extremism,” NPR On Point podcast.
- Mia Bloom, Bombshell: Women and Terrorism (University of Pennsylvania, 2011).
- Jessica Davis, Women in Modern Terrorism: From Liberation Wars to Global Jihad and the Islamic State (Rowman & Littlefield, 2017).