Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- The Washington Post does a nice job describing how Solyndra is just one of many energy subsidy failures of recent decades.
- The cheerleaders for federal redistribution schemes would have the public believe that it’s all about “helping those in need” when in fact it’s really about fostering dependency on taxpayers.
- Chris Preble on cutting military spending and rethinking our grand strategy.
- U.S. policymakers should be asking: What have other countries privatized that we can privatize in this country?
- Chris Edwards on crumbling bridges and infrastructure fear‐mongering.
- The “minibus” spending bill is largely business as usual.