Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- Dan Mitchell says that sequestration would be a small step in the right direction.
- The Senate vote on rural development subsidies symbolizes just how unserious most policymakers are when it comes to making specific spending cuts.
- Republican hypocrisy on energy subsidies.
- Government cost overruns: One reason to shift infrastructure financing to the private sector is that governments and their contractors often give taxpayers the shaft.
- The Military-Industrial Complex yells "jobs!" in a crowded federal budget.