Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- Federal infrastructure spending has a long and painful history of pork-barrel politics and bureaucratic bungling, with money often going to wasteful and environmentally damaging projects.
- Chris Edwards responds to critics of his critique of federal infrastructure spending.
- Mark Calabria thinks President Obama's new mortgage plan should be held under water.
- My thoughts on the spending reforms proposed by Rick Perry.
- The president's student loan plan: borrowers won’t get much relief, and taxpayers will get saddled with additional costs.
- The State Department spreads democracy—and money.