Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- Interesting thoughts on reforming the U.S. Postal Service.
- If our bloated federal government is ever to be reined in, a return to fiscal federalism is a must. And if the states are to get their financial houses in order, state policymakers can’t be allowed to believe that a federal policy of “too big to fail” applies to them.
- Chris Edwards says that Warren Buffet's tax story is bogus.
- Unless spending and deficits are cut, the United States is headed for economic ruin as growth falls and rising debt threatens further financial crises.
- There’s no point getting worked up about government waste if you're also getting checks from the U.S. Treasury or demanding that the government solve society’s problems.