Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- The federal government added its 2,000th subsidy program for individuals, businesses, or state and local governments. Statists, rejoice!
- Hundreds of the nation's mayors meet in Washington to grovel for federal handouts.
- President Obama's proposed spending freeze wouldn't actually be a freeze.
- USDA chief Tom Vilsack says food stamps are an "economic driver." Seriously.
- It's hard to reconcile the massive increase in federal aid to state and local governments with the Tenth Amendment.