Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- If pumping up Keynesian “aggregate demand” hasn’t worked, what can policymakers do? They should focus on microeconomic reforms to spur growth over the long run.
- If the U.S. Postal Service is to continue operating like a business instead of becoming just another taxpayer‐funded bureaucracy, Congress is going to have to hand the reins over to the private sector.
- Those of us who desire the limited federal government that Madison envisioned are often accused of being uncaring about those who are in need. In fact, the opposite is the truth: we recognize that government programs are wasteful, ineffective, and counterproductive to the aims that they are trying to achieve.
- More Medicare fraud. In other news, the sun came up this morning.
- An essay on terminating the Small Business Administration has been added to the Downsizing website.