Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- If it is true that a failure to increase the debt limit on August 2nd has the potential to bring about economic Armageddon, shouldn’t we be asking ourselves if it’s a good idea to allow the political class in Washington to continue to collectively play God with our lives?
- The ratchet effect: agriculture edition.
- Chris Edwards testifies to the Senate Finance Committee on federal spending and debt.
- These are the times that try budget analysts’ souls—especially budget analysts who’d like to see Washington dramatically cut spending.
- House Speaker John Boehner's first budget plan wouldn't have cut spending. His new plan won't cut spending either.
- Chris Edwards wants his post office closed.