Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- The threat of terrorism is so low in the United States and the efficacy of the funds in mitigating it so uncertain that the right amount of homeland security spending in most parts of the United States is none.
- With trillion dollar deficits and mounting federal debt, will Congress finally get serious about cutting farm subsidies?
- Sen. Jim DeMint cites Cato’s Downsizing Government work in a Wall Street Journal op-ed on the Economic Development Administration.
- Chris Edwards on a debt limit deal: Will the cuts be phony?
- I told the Senate Small Business Committee that the Small Business Administration should be abolished.