Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- Paul Ryan’s budget doesn’t really eliminate anything the federal government does.
- Just as they did back in 1995, Republicans are doing a lot of talking about cutting the size of the federal government. However, they aren’t doing much talking about reducing the scope of the federal government’s activities.
- The government’s air traffic controllers have been sleeping on the job, watching movies rather than guiding planes, and misdirecting the First Lady’s plane over Washington. The solution is privatization.
- Lobbyists are already hard at work trying to undo the minuscule spending cuts recently agreed to by Republicans and Democrats.
- If you could only choose one, which federal department or agency would you eliminate? Let us know on Downsizing’s Facebook page.