Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- Sen. Rand Paul introduces a practical, common sense budget that recognizes that the federal government’s growth has become unsustainable, and thus a threat to our economic well‐being and future living standards.
- According to the Congressional Budget Office, the president’s latest budget proposal would once again leave “our people” with a “mountain of debt.”
- It would be nice if the latest example of FAA bungling woke Congress up to the idea of privatizing our nation’s air traffic control system.
- Instead of tinkering with federal welfare programs, let’s have a public discussion and debate over the fundamental justness and desirability of letting Washington dictate how to meet the needs of the less fortunate.
- Electric vehicle subsidies: The Obama administration apparently believes that it possesses the unique foresight to optimally plan the economy.