Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- Another good example of how well‐intentioned policies invariably become corrupted as Washington insiders and well‐connected special interests game the system to their advantage.
- Spending growth capped at 3 percent versus Sen. Corker’s plan to cap spending at a decreasing percentage of GDP.
- With all the subsidies we have for mortgage finance, are mortgages actually cheaper in the United States?
- Members of Congress have introduced legislation to bail out the U.S. Postal Service.
- Local government officials really like a free lunch, particularly when that lunch is paid for by federal taxpayers.