Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- Central Michigan defeated Troy in the “Bailout Bowl,” but taxpayers are the biggest losers.
- The 2010 census will pave the way for subsidies to state and local governments.
- Secure property rights and government support help make U.S. farmland a good investment. But what about the property rights of taxpayers?
- The federal government’s IT budget increases by $5 billion while Uncle Sam’s private sector counterparts make do with less.
- New York’s fraud‐ridden Medicaid program is a prime example why government involvement in healthcare is part of the problem, not the solution.