Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- The White House and Congress need to restructure our military responsibly, based on a realistic assessment of available means and achievable ends, with the savings being returned to U.S. taxpayers.
- Policymakers in a position to do something about the Federal Aviation Administration need to start thinking bigger: privatization.
- While new House Agriculture Committee chairman Frank Lucas may be a “Wheat Champion,” he sure isn’t a Taxpayer Champion — at least not on agricultural issues.
- Rep. Kevin Brady (R-TX) has introduced the Cut Unsustainable and Top‐heavy Spending (CUTS) Act, which would cut spending by $44 billion annually.
- A perfect illustration of why government subsidies for economic development are immoral.