Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- Washington is accused of being “stingy” with its subsidies to state and local governments. If only it were true.
- The Federal Aviation Administration sees nothing wrong with spending taxpayer money on stone fireplaces in little‐used airports.
- The Department of Energy’s new Advanced Technology Vehicles Manufacturing Loan Program offers more evidence that American capitalism is taking a corporatist turn for the worse.
- Meet the new HUD, same as the old HUD.
- Food stamp usage has been rising more dramatically than cash welfare because food stamps are simply easier to get.