Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- It’s another day and another cost overrun in the federal government. This time it’s the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Sentinel project.
- Postmaster General John Potter has announced that he is stepping down. Will he embrace privatizing the U.S. Postal Service like his predecessor?
- Vice President Joe Biden, an individual who has spent his entire career in government, possesses a child-like devotion to the federal government’s capabilities.
- The House Republican leadership warns that America is at a “critical crossroads” — and then offers to cut relatively minuscule whaling history subsidies.
- The federal government channels Monty Python: "Bring out your dead — and we'll pay them!"