Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- Could the results of the November elections be a nail in the Obama administration’s high‐speed rail coffin? Let’s hope.
- The U.S. Postal Service can’t afford its unions.
- A new study finds that federal and state governments have wasted billions of dollars on subsidies for students who didn’t make it past their first year in college.
- The Obama administration’s plan to fix Head Start with some bureaucratic tinkering is not “almost enough to restore a person’s faith in the federal government.”
- Now is a good time to get rid of farm subsidies.
Note: Chris Edwards will be discussing Downsizing Government on Fox News’ Special Report With Bret Baier on Monday @ 6:00 PM EST.