Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- With the release of its “Pledge to America,” House Republicans largely fell back on limited government platitudes.
- Are subsidized child care services being provided by sex offenders? Apparently, nobody knows.
- Head Start has a fraud problem. And by the way, the program doesn’t work.
- The U.S. Postal Service’s latest financial woes are a reminder that Congress should start focusing its attention on getting the government out of the mail business once and for all.
- Liberals and libertarians agree: it’s nonsense to suggest that a little belt‐tightening and reductions in wasteful government spending will solve our fiscal problems.