Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- President Obama wants to give his government employee union pals another $50 billion gift courtesy of taxpayers.
- An enterprising reporter from a small newspaper in Illinois shows that federal food subsidies aren’t a free lunch. It’s a good example of the sort of work reporters at the big papers should be undertaking.
- The Department of Labor is about to send hither swarms of officers to harass already struggling businesses.
- Former Clinton HUD secretary Henry Cisneros is trying to rewrite HUD’s sorry history.
- Note to the House of Representatives: the Federal Housing Administration doesn’t need to be reformed — it needs to be abolished.