Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- You wouldn’t know it based on comments from members of Congress, but the U.S. Postal Service has a serious union problem.
- Food stamp cost and usage are at record highs. And no, it’s not good for the economy.
- When it comes to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, President Obama has amnesia.
- The federal government has more food subsidy programs than Tiger Woods had girlfriends.
- There’s not much difference between Sen. Kent Conrad’s budget proposal and the president’s. Both would continue the massive spending, deficits, and debt that are bankrupting the country.