Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- The U.S. Postal Service wants to drop Saturday mail delivery to save money. Here’s a better idea: give Americans the freedom to choose the mail services they want by repealing the USPS monopoly.
- Obama's latest mortgage bailout plan will expose the Federal Housing Administration to more risk.
- Unemployed college grads are using food stamps to purchase organic food at high-end grocers like Whole Foods.
- Obama's crackdown on improper payments made by government programs probably won't help taxpayers.
- Congress needs more legislators like William Proxmire who was willing to stand up to his colleagues and special interests when it came to cutting wasteful programs.