Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- Another day, another cost overrun at the Pentagon. This time it's the Joint Strike Fighter.
- Office of Personnel Management director John Berry has a hissy fit over Cato shining a light on excessive wages and benefits for government employees at a time when the private sector is bleeding jobs.
- Nationalizing federal higher education subsidies is still a loser for taxpayers. The best solution is to get rid of them altogether.
- Sugar subsidies aren't so sweet for consumers and manufacturers who use it in their products.
- The only way to stop ACORN from getting taxpayer money is to kill the programs that fund it.
- Greece is turning to privatization to help solve its debt problems. The U.S. should do the same.