Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- Six reasons to downsize Washington.
- The chances of a taxpayer bailout for the FHA are probably larger than it wants to admit.
- The same people that say Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac shouldn’t be on the government’s books are often the same people who once dismissed concerns that the two companies were headed toward financial ruin.
- Here’s a shocker: the private sector does a better job of fighting fraud than the government.
- Bailing out state and local governments creates a disincentive for state and local policymakers to implement necessary reforms to get their budgets and future liabilities under control.