- What does it say that pharmaceutical‐industry lobbyists are meeting with House Democrats to write this legislation behind closed doors? Or that the pharmaceutical industry is preparing to spend millions of dollars on advertisements in support of the legislation?
- Does it trouble you that a former federal judge writes, “Under Article I, Section 7, passage of one bill cannot be deemed to be enactment of another”?
- Does it trouble you that Speaker Pelosi says of the proposed “deeming” strategy, “I like it because people don’t have to vote on the Senate bill”? (Emphasis added.)
- What does it say that left‐of‐center The Washington Post editorializes that the Democrats’ endgame seems “dodgy” and “threatens to turn into something unseemly and, more important, contrary to Democrats’ promises of transparency and time for deliberation”?
- What does it say about the feasibility of the Obama health plan that Speaker Pelosi is drawn to the “deeming” strategy, which she once opposed in a court of law?
Sign up to have blog posts delivered straight to your inbox!