Here are a few highlights from Cato Today, a daily email from the Cato Institute. You can subscribe, here.
- Marian Tupy discusses African aid in his new Development Policy Analysis, "The False Promise of Gleneagles: Misguided Priorities at the Heart of the New Push for African Development," and an op-ed in the Washington Times.
- Swaminathan Aiyar argues against a global currency in The Guardian.
- Daniel J. Mitchell calls for abolishing the death tax in USA Today.
- Will Wilkinson argues for more liberal immigration policies in The Week magazine.
- In the Christian Science Monitor, Benjamin Friedman says the United States should cut military spending in half.
- In Monday's Cato Daily Podcast, Jim Harper explains why Obama's record on following through with his campaign promise to post bills online for five days before signing is worse than the Washington Nationals'.