For more articles, subscribe to Cato's op-ed RSS feed:
- In USA Today, Jerry Taylor argues that Obama's plan to require new vehicles sold in 2016 to get an average of 39 miles per gallon or better is likely to result in all cost no benefit.
- Will Wilkinson documents the rise of collectivist conservatives in the newest edition of The Week.
- In The American Spectator, Doug Bandow says that while it is important for the U.S. to encourage dialogue with Muslim nations, we must not shy away from serious discussions about religious persecution.
- Randal O'Toole argues in USA Today that Obama's plan for high-speed rail will cost taxpayers billions of dollars and do little to reduce traffic congestion or improve the environment.
- In The Washington Examiner, Gene Healy discusses why President Obama's approach to terrorism is virtually identical to Bush/Cheney's.
- In today's Cato Daily Podcast, James Bartholomew argues that the welfare state in Britain has resulted in a generation of badly educated citizens and has undermined its original intent.