Here are a few highlights from Cato Today, a comprehensive daily email from the Cato Institute. You can subscribe, here.
- In a new study, "NATO at 60: A Hollow Alliance," Ted Galen Carpenter argues that NATO has outlived whatever usefulness it once had.
- Doug Bandow weighs the usefulness of NATO in the American Spectator.
- David Isenberg discusses the use of private military and security contractors in war for United Press International.
- Timothy Lynch and Ilya Shapiro take on illegal searches in a legal brief submitted to the Supreme Court.
- In Monday's Cato Daily Podcast, Dambisa Moyo, author of Dead Aid: Why Aid Is Not Working and How There Is a Better Way for Africa, discusses the failure of government aid to Africa.