According to The Hill, House Democrats are considering re-branding their new government-run health insurance program. A "public option" evidently isn't catchy enough. Now they're thinking, "Medicare Part E" as in, Medicare for Everyone.
By all means, model a new government program after Medicare, which:
- Drags down the quality of care for all patients, both publicly and privately insured
- Literally kills people by fueling the epidemic of deaths due to medical errors (as many as 100,000 annually)
- Is responsible for the fragmented delivery system about which the Left complains
- Has required one tax increase every four years, still has an unfunded liability approaching $90 trillion, and will therefore be the driving force behind income-tax rates essentially doubling by mid-century
- Has been expanded well beyond its original mission
- Didn't save a single life in (at least) its first 10 years of operation
- Coerces people to choose it over private insurance
- Restricts enrollees' freedom to spend their own money on medical care
- Is easily (and persuasively) parodied as a tool of the devil
Pleeeeease don't throw me into that briar patch.