For many years Cato’s president and CEO would share the Institute’s recent news, insider updates, and future plans in an informal and personal letter sent to Cato’s sponsors, friends, and board of directors. That tradition remains alive and well to this day with Cato’s current president and CEO, Peter Goettler.
The Cato Institute prides itself on treating its sponsors not simply as donors, but as part of the Cato family and dear colleagues in our fight for liberty. Playing a role in this was the personal touch of receiving intimate letters from Cato’s former presidents, Ed Crane and John Allison. Current president Peter Goettler proudly carries on this torch, providing his own personal updates on the state of the Institute to its most dedicated sponsors and friends.
- March 1, 2021 — With Thanks, Cato.org, Dueling Constitutions, and more
- October 14, 2020 — Pandemics and Policy, Economics in One Virus, The Best of Times Right Now!, and more
- June 25, 2020 — Virus Opportunism, Capturing the Narrative for Liberty, and the Fight Ahead
- March 10, 2020 — Free Speech/Reassessing American Foreign Policy/2020 Election/Antitrust
- November 3, 2019: Quarterly Update — Remembering Don Smith/Sphere Summit/Inequality/Free Economy
- August 16, 2019: Quarterly Update — California/2020 Elections/Foreign Policy Book
- June 3, 2019: Quarterly Update — Growing Cato’s Vast Audience/Reaching Teachers/Regulation