Cato’s Center for Educational Freedom was founded on the principle that parents are best suited to make important decisions regarding the care and education of their children. The Center’s scholars seek to shift the terms of public debate in favor of the fundamental right of parents and toward a future when state-run schools give way to a dynamic, independent system of schools competing to meet the needs of American children.
Read our Educational Freedom Wiki:
- Educational Freedom: An Introduction
- Government Schooling, Democracy, and Social Conflict
- Parental Choice and Responsibility
- School Freedom and Competition
- Choice and Accountability
- The Way Forward: Education Tax Credits or Vouchers?
- Education Tax Credits
- Personal-Use Education Tax Credits
- Scholarship Tax Credits