Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- Extending the extra unemployment insurance benefits would be bad for the federal budget and bad for the economy, and there is a better long-term solution for unemployment than the current UI system.
- All of the massive speculation in the housing market didn’t “just happen”—it was the result of massive government distortions in our housing and financial markets.
- The Obama administration and Gov. Mitch Daniels team up to help build a technology park for defense contractors with taxpayer dollars.
- One would think just the sheer lunacy of federal education policymaking would make it clear to all that Washington should get out of education.
- The U.S. Postal Service gives Congress more time to inevitably kick the can down the road.