Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- Rep. Mike Pompeo wants to terminate the Economic Development Administration—and for the right reasons.
- Recent history shows that government efforts to micromanage industry range from unnecessary to disastrous, be it green energy, automakers, or the housing market. Small wonder, then, that the government has so drastically mismanaged its own “business”: the United States Postal Service.
- On Steve Jobs and charity.
- Workers’ compensation costs for postal employees are unnecessarily high thanks to stale federal laws and bureaucratic ineptitude at the USPS and the Department of Labor.
- Attention Occupy Wall Street protestors: the problem isn’t capitalism, it’s the “crony capitalism” that’s been fostered by an unhealthy relationship between government and business.