Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- When it comes to such things as infrastructure, education, and investing in “industries of the future,” the government should get out of the way and let entrepreneurs and markets drive America’s prosperity in the global economy.
- Entitlements versus Liberty.
- It seems that the more the government intervenes in society, the more it will work against both the people and itself.
- It’s Congress that needs to be doing the “page by page, line by line” review of the federal budget.
- We can spur growth by encouraging a culture of entrepreneurship, repealing barriers to entry, reducing taxes on risky investments, and simply getting out of the way of the next generation of Steve Jobses.