Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- Federal Davis-Bacon rules could increase the price tag for Washington D.C.’s CityCenter development by $20 million.
- The U.S. Postal Service is running on fumes. What will Congress do?
- The President’s jobs bill would do nothing for education and would hurt the economy.
- The Budget Control Act will likely produce either a minuscule defense cut in the near term or no cuts at all.
- As the political circus over the Solyndra loan unfolds, let’s not lose sight of the fact that the more important question is whether taxpayers should be forced to subsidize energy companies to begin with. They shouldn’t.