Over at Downsizing the Federal Government, we focused on the following issues this past week:
- Chris Edwards explains why government spending doesn’t work.
- Biggest Keynesian Stimulus + Slowest Recovery = Time to Rethink Keynesian Theory.
- When it comes to grabbing federal dollars, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels is just another politician.
- A new Cato video takes on the alleged $2 trillion in spending cuts being negotiated on Capitol Hill as part of a deal to raise the debt ceiling.
- Economics has numerous schools of thought, but Christina Romer’s writing reflects nothing but the most simplistic Keynesian framework.
- There is no good argument for keeping the federal government in education. But we can’t even have a reasoned debate about that as long as thinly veiled assertions of racism and callousness are the the standard response to any downsizing proposal.