Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- The Obama administration adopts Cato’s federal employee pay proposal.
- Social Security Disability Insurance: What was supposed to be a narrowly tailored program to help individuals who could no longer work has blossomed into a gigantic budgetary burden that acts more like an unemployment program.
- Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA) has some good ideas for reforming the House Appropriations Committee.
- The Fiscal Commission’s report provides a useful menu of reform options that incoming members of a more conservative Congress can pursue next year.
- The Government Accountability Office reports that the Federal Aviation Administration’s new air traffic control system could ultimately cost four times more than originally estimated.