Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- Central planners at the U.S. Department of Agriculture are “confounded” by tight sugar supplies. Hayek would be shocked.
- Department of Housing and Urban Development officials continue the agency’s legacy of engaging in politics.
- President Obama says he wants to “invest in our people without leaving them a mountain of debt.” Maybe he meant to say that he wants to “spend other people’s money and leave them with a mountain of debt”?
- Meet the privileged class: federal civilian employees.
- The federal government is a lucrative “industry.”