Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- A discussion of the mechanisms that fuel government growth.
- The Postmaster General inadvertently makes the case for privatizing the USPS.
- The growth in federal health spending is almost beyond superlatives to describe it, and it will increase even faster as a result of President Obama’s new health legislation.
- Federal homeownership subsidies have caused lots of trouble, but that doesn’t mean we need more rental housing subsidies instead.
- It’s hard to imagine, but the Congressional Budget Office finds the president’s latest budget to be worse than we thought.