Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- The two most recent first quarter deficits have been about $100 billion higher than the average annual deficits run from 2002 to 2008.
- Utah legislators call for fiscal federalism.
- Small businesses are citing government as the problem, but the media ignores the story.
- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should be put in the budget, and then privatized.
- The Economic Development Administration, National Association of Development Organizations, and the Appropriations Committees aren’t exactly taxpayer-friendly.