Over at Downsizing Government, we focused on the following issues this week:
- The federal government is assuming a larger share of the Medicaid bill.
- General Electric might eventually need to be renamed Government Electric.
- The government’s mail monopoly lost $3.8 billion last fiscal year and could lose more this year.
- The $98 billion in improper payments made by the federal government last year undermines the case for expanding its role in subsidizing health care.
- Cost overruns in the British government mirror problems in the U.S. government.