For a daily email briefing of new Cato articles, events and studies, subscribe to Cato Today.
- At CNN.com, Ilya Shapiro says that the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor for the Supreme Court shows that identity politics matter to President Obama more than merit.
- In the Washington Examiner, Gene Healy makes the case for downsizing the imperial vice presidency.
- In Reason Magazine, Brink Lindsey discusses what he calls “Nostalgianomics,” and how liberal economists pine for days no liberal should want to revisit.
- At TheNextRight.com, Roger Pilon explains why the Sotomajor confirmation hearings are an opportunity for Republicans to reestablish their identity.
- In Wednesday’s Cato Daily Podcast, Tim Lynch says that hate crime laws sacrifice key constitutional protections.