The Director of Information Technology manages, supports, and assists with the operations of Cato’s IT systems, including LAN network infrastructure and security, end-user workstations, printers/accessories, and phone/voicemail. The position reports to Cato’s CIO.
Major accountabilities include:
- Work with vendors and internal IT staff to maintain and support network and internet connectivity, help desk support, and accessibility to print services.
- Source and manage installation of end-user workstations and telephones, including three intern classes per year; maintain inventory.
- Provide Level 2 and 3 support on-site, for escalated issues from our remote Help Desk call center.
- Manage local Avaya VoIP telephone and voicemail servers.
- Manage IT/telecommunications assistant.
Candidates must have at least three to five years of experience in a mixed Windows/Mac desktop environment and Windows 2008 and 2012 server environment, basic security procedures, VoIP, wireless networking, and print serving. Candidates must have some experience with vendor relationships and managing IT staff.
Please send resumes including salary history to Virginia Anderson, CIO, Cato Institute at vanderson [at] cato.org.