Cato Institute, a libertarian think tank conveniently located in downtown Washington, DC, is seeking a proactive Facilities Coordinator to support our growing staff of scholars and administrative support personnel (now about 160 people) in the area of facility operations.
This position will report to the Chief Building Engineer and will have one direct report.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Provide support and direction for the Facilities Assistant
- Manage and assist with daily sorting and distribution of mail and packages
- Coordinate incoming & outgoing deliveries and distribute accordingly for special projects related to events and fundraising
- Administer EMS postage machine and associated mailing equipment
- Manage office supply inventory and restock if needed
- Manage and organize staff copy centers
- Maintain and monitor furniture inventory
- Oversee the onsite storage container program
- Coordinate office paper recycling shredding program
- Provide support services to all internal departments and staffing (PrintCtr, Conf, IT, AV, Policy)
- Perform office moves and/or modifications
- Setup offices for new staff members as well as break down old offices to building standard form
- Ability to provide assistance on building repairs (HVAC, electrical & plumbing)
- Five years minimal relevant experience
- Ability to multi task effectively and efficiently
- Capacity to decipher a problem and generate a plausible resolution
- Effective and efficient communication & interactional skills
- High quality for detail
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Capable of lifting a minimal of 50lbs
- Knowledge and functionality of Microsoft Office Programs (Word & Excel
- Fundamental knowledge of an office building infrastructure and operations
- Ability to take direction from supervisor and complete requested assignments
Cato offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience and an excellent employee benefits package. Cato Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
Send resume and cover letter, including most recent salary history, to mboone [at] cato.org.