The Cato Institute is looking for a Producer/Videographer for Libertarianism.org
The Assistant Producer/Videographer will be responsible for:
- Lighting and sound production and audio/video recording of Libertarianism.org videos and lecture series.
- Sound production and audio recording for podcasts.
- Preparation and formatting of videos and podcasts for use on the site and its Youtube channel.
- Digitizing, preparing, and formatting VHS tapes and audio cassettes from the archive collection.
- Writing engaging descriptions of site’s multimedia content and posting to its social media accounts.
- Collaborating with the team on the creative direction and production of the multimedia content.
Work/Education Experience Requirements:
- One to three (1-3) years working knowledge of audio visual equipment.
- Fluency with non-linear video and audio editing software.
- Ability to work with multiple broadcast-quality video cameras (specifically, Panasonic HMC-150, Sony NEX-FS100 and Canon DSLR cameras).
- Must demonstrate the capability to meet deadlines and work well on a small team.
- Experience in television, documentary video, and/or professional audio production is a plus.
Interested candidates should send a résumé and cover letter to ebanks [at] cato [dot] org.