The Cato Institute seeks a Staff Photographer who will be the main point of contact for all archival photo requests and photographer for all Cato events. This candidate will become the sole contact person from the art department for event coverage.
The purpose of this position is to be fully in charge of events schedule and responsible for ensuring that there is photo coverage of every event. This candidate will be in constant communication with various departments with regards to upcoming events and will monitor the Cato website as well as the intranet on a daily basis.
An ideal candidate for this position would have:
- An excellent knowledge of methods, materials, practices, techniques, and equipment used in photography;
- a good knowledge of the practices that are used to prevent equipment failure;
- the ability to flilow oral and written instructions;
- an excellent creativity and be able to think “outside the box”
- an excellent ability to write daily reports and correspondence;
- strong organizational skills.
- excellent communication (written and oral) skills;
- a keen eye for detail; and,
- the ability to work under pressure and meet stringent deadlines.
This is a full-time position in the Cato Institute’s office in Washington, D.C. No phone calls. Interested candidates should contact jmeyers [at] cato [dot] org
1000 Massachusetts Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20001
Email: jmeyers [at] cato [dot] org