Sphere: Teaching Civic Culture Together
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are my responsibilities as a participant?
Participants are expected to attend all the sessions during the Sphere Summit. This includes all lectures, workshops, and breakouts.
After completing the Sphere Summit online (attending 75 percent or more of the sessions and taking a post‐program survey), participants will receive a certificate of completion as well as complimentary copies of all books, Summit materials, and classroom resources.
- Can I defer my acceptance to next year?
No, you cannot defer your position. We encourage you to apply again but cannot guarantee your acceptance at a later time.
- How many professional development hours are available?
Participants will receive a certificate of completion for up to 15 professional development hours.
Applications and Deadlines
- What is the application deadline, and when will I be notified of whether I have been selected?
Applicants will be notified of their status on a rolling basis. The deadline for applications is Wednesday, July 8 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. Applicants who are accepted will be directed to additional information.
- Who is eligible to apply to the Sphere Summit?
Grades 5–12 educators and administrators from schools from across the country may apply to the Sphere Summit.
- Can more than one educator apply from a given school?
Yes, educators from the same school may attend the Sphere Summit. We encourage you and your colleagues to apply together.
Costs and Reimbursements
- What expenses am I responsible for?
There is no fee to attend the seminar, but an application is required.
For questions about the Summit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.