A fierce storm from Mother Nature killed my Internet connection last Friday (I didn’t see any black helicopters, so I’m assuming it was her). Therefore, the following are issues we focused on over the last two weeks at Downsizing the Federal Government:
- Federal employees enjoy benefits that aren’t available to most private sector workers.
- A bottom‐up approach to transportation policy would save taxpayers money and increase mobility.
- Trims to discretionary agriculture programs leads one congressman to channel his inner Harold Camping.
- Education policy: the Obama administration wants a race to the cradle.
- Only six other Republicans voted for Sen. Rand Paul’s plan to balance the budget in five years through spending cuts.
- Two key House Republicans want to halt Amtrak’s dream of high‐speed rail in its tracks.
- Chris Edwards on tax cuts, loopholes, and the size of government.
- The federal government’s housing stimulus fails.