See if you can spot the civil‐liberties victory:
- The Supreme Court says the government can put your DNA in a national database, even if you were wrongly arrested.
- The State of Mississippi imposes mandatory collection of the DNA of babies born to teenage moms, neither of which is suspected of a crime.
- The Department of Justice is tracking and threatening to prosecute reporters, for the crime of reporting.
- The National Security Agency is collecting everyone’s phone records, even if they suspect you of nothing.
- The U.S. Senate kills a bill that could lead to a registry of law‐abiding gun owners.
Those crazy senators are looking less crazy all the time.