That’s the title of an upcoming FOX News Channel feature program with John Stossel, in which Cato Executive Vice President David Boaz and Director of Health Policy Studies Michael F. Cannon weigh in on some of the hidden, unforeseen, and unintended consequences of the attempts to deliver on promises our politicians make.
Politicians promised that:
- Cash for Clunkers would save the auto industry.
- Increasing the minimum wage would be good for the working poor.
- Title IX would end gender-based discrimination in college sports.
- Mega-construction projects like stadiums, arenas, and conference centers would create jobs.
- Changing the tax code would save small farmers and the environment.
- Credit card reform would save us from banking fees.
- Reforming the health care system would give us more affordable and more comprehensive care.
- Ethanol would reduce our dependence on foreign oil and save the environment.
- Home ownership for all would be good for America.
And the #1 promise politicians made that went awry?
Tune in to FOX News Channel this Friday, December 17, 2010 at 9:00 p.m. Eastern to find out. Use the #10Promises hashtag on Twitter during the program to follow the conversation.
Kindly note that while John Stossel’s programs normally air on the FOX Business Network, this feature program will appear on the FOX News Channel.