Here are a few highlights from Cato Today, a comprehensive daily email from the Cato Institute. You can subscribe, here
- Focusing on “Lessons from the Financial Crisis” the newest edition of Cato Journal is now available.
- In The Wall Street Journal, Steven Gjerstad and Vernon L. Smith discuss why asset bubbles form in markets, and how they can lead to a Depression.
- Ted Galen Carpenter comments on last weekend’s NATO agreement on what strategy to pursue with Afghanistan in National Interest.
- Writing in The Washington Times, Nat Hentoff weighs in on the human rights atrocities that continue in Darfur.
- In Tuesday’s Cato Daily Podcast, Glenn Greenwald discusses his new Cato report on the successful drug decriminalization in Portugal.