- “Now the United States is a party to a civil war.”
- The United States v. Comstock decision didn’t really change the course of Necessary and Proper Clause doctrine.
- Collectivism fails the test of human reality.
- “For post-Cold War America, military adventures forever beckon — and their lessons are quickly forgotten.”
- Cato Daily Podcast host Caleb Brown spoke with the junior Senator from Tennessee yesterday about his CAP Act legislation:
Featuring Mike German, Senior Policy Counsel, American Civil Liberties Union; Eileen Larence, Director of Homeland Security and Justice Issues, Government Accountability Office; Michael Price, Counsel, Liberty & National Security Program, Brennan Center for Justice; and Jim Harper, Director of Information Policy Studies, Cato Institute.
- Legal Briefs
- Cato Handbook for Policymakers
- Cato Journal
- Cato's Letter
- Cato's Letters
- Cato Papers on Public Policy
- Cato Policy Report
- Cato State Legislative Guide
- Cracking the Books
- Economic Freedom of the States of India
- Economic Freedom of the World
- Public Comments
- Supreme Court Review
Latest CommentaryTwo of my main passions — in work as well as in the rest of my life — are jazz and the Constitution, which interact. Jazz,...
The 2008-2009 financial crisis and Great Recession have vastly increased the power and scope of the Federal Reserve, and radically changed the financial landscape. This new ebook examines those changes and considers how the links between money, markets, and government may evolve in the future.